On 1/5/11 5:25 PM, Felix Knecht wrote:
Hmm, too bad. We need MMR. I overlooked that then. The question is : can
we do the MMR between RC1 and RC2 ?

Concerning Betas and RCs:
"The term release candidate (RC) refers to a version with potential to be a final product, ready to release unless fatal bugs emerge. In this stage of product stabilization, all product features have been designed, coded and tested through one or more beta cycles with no known showstopper-class bug." [1]

IMO a RC is feature complete regarding the common definition. Maybe I'm missing something, but if so this should go either into 1.5.x (IIUC the 1.5.x "releases" are a kind of "beta" for 2.0) or RC1.
It's a bit more complicated. But I'll forward you to my extended answer to the last mail alex sent, I tried to clarify those terms WRT the past discussion we had during those last 6 years.

But basically, yes, I do think that RC are feature complete releases. And I also do think that we are done with the beta cycle, so there is no need for another 1.5.x version.

Eclipse is acting differently in this area : they are using milestones (M1, M2, ...). It's probably better. And trust me (Pierre-Arnaud and Stefan could easily confirm that !), there are *many* API modifications between a X.Y.0 eclipse version and a X.Y+1.0 !

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com