On 1/6/11 12:27 AM, Alex Karasulu wrote:
On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 11:18 PM, Emmanuel Lécharny<elecha...@apache.org>wrote:
The day we have a user with 100 million entries, trust me, we will have
other issues than just dealing with the migration of its database :)

It does not matter if we have other issues, that's besides the point.
Regardless of other possible issues it will take about 2 days to migrate and
that's a long time. Why also bother building tools if we follow some
conventions?

What I mean here is that we are unlikely to change the backend format anytime soon, and if we do so, except if it's marginal but mandatory (to fix a bug), then I'd rather vote a major version.

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com