On 2/11/11 8:29 AM, Stefan Seelmann wrote:
- The shared-all jar includes all transitive dependencies (slf4j,
antlr, etc.), but the LICENSE and NOTICE files are not correct, that
needs to be fixed.
+1
Still to do.

AFAICT, here is the list of externals deps we are using in the whole project (shared/apacheds/etc except studio) :

antlr 2.7.7 (http://www.antlr2.org/license.html)
bouncycastle 140 (http://www.bouncycastle.org/licence.html)
dnsjava 2.0.1 (http://www.xbill.org/dnsjava/dnsjava-current/README)
dom4j 1.6.1 (http://dom4j.sourceforge.net/dom4j-1.6.1/license.html)
ehcache 2.2.0 (http://ehcache.org/license.html)
jetty 6.1.14 (http://jetty.codehaus.org/jetty/license.html)
jug 2.0.0.RC1 (http://jug.safehaus.org/Download)
junit 4.8.2 (http://junit.sourceforge.net/cpl-v10.html)
ldapsdk 4.1 (http://www.mozilla.org/MPL/)
org.codehaus.plexus 2.0.5 (http://plexus.codehaus.org/plexus-maven-plugin/license.html)
quartz 1.6.0 (http://www.quartz-scheduler.org/docs/license.html)
slf4j 1.6.1 (http://www.slf4j.org/license.html)
tanukisoft wrapper 3.2.3 (still have to find the original license)
xpp3 1.1.4c (http://caldersphere.rubyforge.org/jrexml/files/lib/xpp3_LICENSE_txt.html)

This is probably an issue, if we distribute it, but I gess we don't :
findbugs  1.0.0 (http://findbugs.sourceforge.net/manual/license.html)

it's LGPL.

Wouldn't it be a good idea to gather all the licenses in 'project' in a sub directory called 'licenses', and to refer to those licenses in the LICENSES.TXT file ?

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com