On 3/23/11 9:17 PM, Stefan Seelmann wrote:
On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 4:45 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny<elecha...@gmail.com>  wrote:
On 3/23/11 4:37 PM, Stefan Seelmann wrote:
Hi devs,

it's almost one year since the last Apache Directory Studio release
(1.5.3).
I think the 2.0.0 release will take some more time.

So I think we should release a 1.5.4 bugfix release in the next future.

I browsed the issue list in Jira and there are already some issues marked
as
fixed for 1.5.4. There are also many bugs reported by users within the
last
year we should fix. Last not least I also found some issues with MS AD and
ADAM I'd like to fix.
yes, sure. Or we may also want to eat the Milestone road instead. Like
releasing a 2.0.0-M1 instead of a 1.5.4.
IMO that are distinct cases.

Milestone releases to a 2.0.0 would be good, +1.

But the current trunk contains lot of changes. Not all people want to
use a milestone to work on productive directory servers. I think a
bugfix release of the current stable version makes sense.

The thing is that it will depend on a milestone itself (ie, LDAP API 1.0.0-M2, or even M3). This is why I suggested to release a 2.0.0-M1 instead of a 1.5.4.

However, it's not a really big deal, IMO. Whatever fits you is ok.

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com