Hi guys,

currently, we only implement a few controls, those that we support. In the API, if one wants to use another control to send it to another LDAP server, he has to use an OpaqueControl. So far, so good, except that it's really painful as the value has to be encoded and decoded by the user.

I would suggest we create a shared-ldap-extra-control module, where we will b able to add the Controls other LDAP server are using. We can have a package for each LDAP server, assuming they use some special controls not shared with any other. For shared controls, we can put them in the base model.

Thoughts ?

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com