On 5/9/11 6:14 PM, Emmanuel Lécharny wrote:
Forwarded to the mailing list

Emmanuel

Thanks for this, sounds very promising. I'll do some proof-of-concept work with 1.5 for now and look forward to 2.0. One more question for the future - you mention using OSGi, but our app runs in a web container (tomcat for example) and does not use OSGi internally. Will it be possible to embed ApacheDS without OSGi?
yes. The idea (and it's alrady the case for the LDAP API) is to use whatever OSGi container one user wants, but if a user does not have any, we start Felix (the Apache OSGi container).

So it should work pristine in Tomcat.

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com