we can use ehcache to counter the memory issue(we can defer this  step
though)

On 14-Jun-2011 6:56 PM, "Stefan Seelmann" <seelm...@apache.org> wrote:

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 2:29 PM, Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@apache.org>
wrote:
> On 6/13/11 11:19 ...
I wonder why we need an alias cache? For fast lookup of the search
base in case the "find" bit is set?

> - create an AliasInterceptor to manage the Add and Delete operations done
on
> alias entries (and...
You mean that interceptor is used to update the cache, right?

> - modify the Search to handle a set of met aliases.
Yep.

> I'll proceed by creating the alias interceptor first, and Ill remove the
> part that handle Alias...
Ok.

Two other issues I see with the new algorighm:
- It is efficient if there are only few aliases. But if a user adds
million of alias entries we may get a memory problem. I just want to
mention that to make clear that such an issue may occur. I don't think
it makes sense to create so many alias entries, but I saw an example
where group membership was implemented using aliases...
- It is possible that duplicates occur, for example if an alias
enlarges the initial search scope by pointing to a parent of the
initial search base. I think duplicates can be avoided by tracking
each search base and filter result enties within already processed
search bases.

Kind Regards,
Stefan