On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 11:00 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wanted to do that a long time ago, but never found the time to do it. I
> finally did it.
>
> The 'existence' index is used to evaluate the 'presence' filter. There is no
> reason it should be named differently, it's probably named this way for
> historical reason.

It was called the presence index in the beginning IIRC. I renamed it
to existence to comply with the name used by the paper on partition
design that was followed while implementing the original xdbm design
so at that time it seemed to fit better. All in all I don't think it
makes any difference either way. Presence sounds better as you say
because of the presence filter evaluation.

+1