On 12/24/11 8:33 PM, Alex Karasulu wrote:
On Sat, Dec 24, 2011 at 3:51 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny<elecha...@gmail.com>wrote:

Hi,

I'm fixing tests in core-integ, and so far, I still have some issues in
uathz (SearchAuthorizationIT) and in schema. All the other tests are now
passing.

I have moved the txns borders into the OperationManager, and for searches,
the cursor commit or abort the txn in the close() and close(exception)
methods.

Why is the OM better than the CoreSession? Just curious what made you
choose this route. Forgive me if this was discussed in an earlier email.

Because there is no Bind() method in the core session, but mainly because the ServerContext SPI is calling the OpManager instead of the CoreSession.

I think we should find a way to implicitely commit or abort the txns even
if the user does not close() the cursors, otherwise it might be extremely
painful for them. I was thinking about adding a finalaizer in the cursor to
finish the txns, but it's not a perfect solution (as it depends on the GC
to be executed.

Oh please don't do this - we should be able to find a better solution I am
sure. There are a myriad of reasons why this is a bad idea IMHO. We can
discuss this once I settle down in one place .. .still traveling.

It was just a random thought. Finalizer is not a good idea, as there is no way you can control when it's called.

Damn I miss the C++ explicit destuctors :/).
Something more useful would be to allow any txns to reuse an existing
txns.

YES this is what we need to do for re-entry but there may need to be some
configurable parameter for this.

Maybe we can Skype on this to be fast and report back to the ML.

I'll be around tomorrow. Right now, I'm trying to fix the remaining tests that are not starting a txn inside another txn.

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com