Hi,
I continued to review the serialization of the DataChangeContainer structure, and found that we call writeObject() a couple of times : - in the ParentIdAndRdn class to serialize the UUID. It's easy to replace this call - in the IndexChange, for keys which are not String, byte[], Long. I added two cases : UUID and ParentIdAndRdn so that we can now use the read/writeExternal methods instead

I also have a modifciation related to the Enums : I find the way Selcuk is dealing with them way better than mine (ie, use the ordinal() method instead of inject values the way I did). So I reverted my changes to stick with what Selcuk did

Those changes are purely internal and have no impact on the way the server works. Tests are passing.

Here is the proposed patch : http://pastebin.com/UDRF3qPa

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com