Hi guys,

yesterday, I went through the code looking for places where 'instanceof'
was used. I found two typical improvements that could be applied :

o useless check on x != null  like in : if ( ( x != null ) && ( x
instanceof X ) )
o useless check of x == null like in : if ( ( x == null ) || !( x
instanceof X ) )

instanceof is guaranteed to return false if x is null.

That's just a itch I wanted to scracth yesterday.

At this point, I think that adding checkstyle in Studio would most
certainly be a nit of a pain (I suspect that we will get thousands of
failures ;-) but this might be good to have. Stefan did a great job with
the API, and I thinkw e should benefit from what he did in the other
projects, including Studio.

The real problem with Studio is that a lot of its code is quite old
(keep in mind it started around 2005 !!!) and there is a lot of
discrepancies between older code and ore recent one.

Thoughts ?