>> I think Kerby is a promising project, but I don't think it has the community
>> yet to justify being a TLP.
Yeah, Kerberos isn't the cool thing that many developers are eager to work on.
There are many reasons. So we probably shouldn't expect a large community for
this, it may never happen.

On the other hand, here is the community, as the Apache Directory community. If
we have a TLP, we can duplicate the PMCs and committers. Kerby itself does have
already diverse committers.

My two cents. The question is, would a TLP make Kerby and Directory more
healthy, or make us more happy, or make new contributors more easy? Simpler, if
a TLP can help build and attract a better community for Kerby, we probably
should go.

Thanks Colm for the work to use Kerby in other ASF projects. It does help. I
thought we folks here could be able to build a better ecosystem in the security
domain for Apache world, we have LDAP and Kerberos, the security basics, the
very good base. IMO, we should have quite a few TLP projects around the two
basics, instead of ONE monster of so many children projects all here together,
looking at the Directory hope page. If I'm a developer and want to contribute
to Kerby, I would be frustrated to figure out the right ML, the right REPO and
the right relationship/deps with other components.

Kerby should have the potential, Directory and big data projects can use it.
The question is, will a TLP make Kerby next solid step?

Regards,
Kai