Le 15/08/2018 à 20:55, Stefan Seelmann a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> there is a requirement regarding the reeases: MD5 signatures must be
>> removed for old releases :
>>
>>      -- for past releases :
>>         -- you are not required to change anything ;
>>         -- it would be nice if you fixed your dist area ;
>>         -- start with : cleanup ; rename .sha's ; remove .md5's
>>
>> Here is a page listing the projects reeases that requires to be cleaned up:
>>
>> https://checker.apache.org/projs/directory.html
>>
>> I have started the removal of md5 signatures (for studio).
>>
>> Now, I can also re-sign all the packages with SHA-256 and SHA-512,but
>> i'm not sure it's really required.
>>
>> One of the implication is that the web pages have to be updated,
>> something I can take care of.
>>
>> WDYT ?
>
> Is it urgent?

No.

 Or sufficient to do when we anyway publish a new release?

It's disconnected, IMO. We have to do it anyway, and the impact is low.

Regarding the MD5 removal, it's pretty trivial.

I'm more concerned about re-signing the old packages.

> I mean ApacheDS should be released in 2 days, Studio will follow soon, A
> Kerby release seems also to be in preparation.

In any case, we can wait before updating the web site - or at least to
publish it.

--
Emmanuel Lecharny

Symas.com