Hi all !

releases of the LDAP API and ApacheDS are slowly getting ready. We have had to deal with various challenges !

- First, the LDAP API has been heavily refactored, for better performance. The API itself will not change, this is the internal that are changing.

- We have had to wait for a MINA 2.1 release, which took quite some time, and I'd like to go with a MINA 2.1.1 that is going to be released somewhere next week: it simplifies greatly the way we deal with sent messages, and we also have some SSL improvements in this coming reelease.

- Once the LDAP API is released, we can move with a ApacheDS realase. This time, it will contain some changes in the way we handle keystores, support for transactions, and many other smaller improvements.

- In the same spirit, Fortress will benefit from the LDAP API and ApacheDS release. It's a bit of work (not too much), but that would lead to faster tests: the idea is to use transactions to improve the initial data injections, which is quite costly.

- Then will come Studio. I think Stefan has worked on migrating it to the latest Eclipse version, which is becoming quite challenging, due to the newest release strategy (a new version every 3 months). We also have some fixes in the UI (connection testing, for instance)

That is going to be a pretty intense spring !

More to come soon.