On 06/01/2020 10:54, Stefan Seelmann wrote:
On 12/30/19 7:57 PM, Shawn McKinney wrote:
Just read a blogpost:
https://dumisblog.wordpress.com/2019/12/30/run-apacheds-on-docker/

That made a statement:

"Unfortunately there are no official images in the Docker Hub for ApacheDS.”

A True statement?  I know we’ve apacheDS (and OpenLDAP) docker images.
I'd say yes. And I assume (but please prove me wrong) that it's not
possible at Apache to publish an "official" one, only a "convenience"
image. But if we choose to go that way there are some open questions
that need to be clarified, like:
* The Docker images contain libraries that often are GPL licensed (GNU
libs, OpenJDK, etc.). Is it allowed to publish such an "convenience" image?

Clearly, no.

But we can provide a Dockerfile.