On 12/01/2022 21:52, Stefan Seelmann wrote:
I understand it the same way as you, especially the next paragraph makes it clear that no error must be returned:

    Servers MUST NOT return errors if attribute descriptions or matching
    rule ids are not recognized, assertion values are invalid, or the
    assertion syntax is not supported.  More details of filter processing
    are given in Clause 7.8 of [X.511].

TBH, as a user, I'd prefer to get a clear error when my filter is invalid (fail fast) than an empty result where I don't understand why. This doesn't follow the principle of least surprise...

Indeed, thus my question...

I will add some logs when an Undefined filter is found, so that at leats we have some trace...

Thanks !
--
*Emmanuel Lécharny - CTO* 205 Promenade des Anglais – 06200 NICE
T. +33 (0)4 89 97 36 50