> On Sep 8, 2023, at 12:47 PM, Brian Demers <bdem...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> I've been working on getting SCIMple in release shape, but I've hit a few
> snags along the way.
> Mostly small things, or process related issues.
> For example, there is an issue with generating the javadoc for the Spring
> module because both the Spring dependencies and Glassfish have a split
> package: org.aopalliance
>
> Do we have release process guide, it looks like
> https://directory.apache.org/apacheds/developer-guide.html might be a little
> out of date (references to svn, ssh site deployment, etc), but I'm assuming
> we want the process for SCIMple to be the same.

The bits on maven and building the site are still accurate. What has changed is
the website and javadoc posting.

It’s actually gotten much easier now that we’re using the HUGO CMS system.

There is a project, directory-site, that is where its artifacts are stored.

I maintain the fortress releases, and keep notes locally to follow.

Not too far off of what’s published here:

https://directory.apache.org/fortress/developer-guide.html

> I can update that doc, but if we have something more current (for any of the
> sub-projects) let me know!

Again, anything specific to Hugo is not published that I know of.

It’s repo: https://github.com/apache/directory-site

Can easily deploy into a staging env but one is not maintained currently for
us. Changes to the repo publish automatically to the prod site in about 15
minutes or so.

If I have a bunch of changes, I’ll setup a test env to work on them.  We could
do this with scimple, throw it on a vm.

I have an ansible script for it:

https://gitlab.symas.net/symas-public/ansible-apache-fortress/-/tree/master/ansible/roles/hugo?ref_type=heads

Pretty straight forward. Just needs to be documented better.

Happy to help.

—
Shawn