Andy Brown wrote:

Hi Andy,

On the web page "other.html" there is a link to "Report broken links". Most of these messages are coming from people that are not subscribed to this list, so I see and approve them to be sent to the list. As I always do I send a short reply to the user to let them know that the message has been approved for the list. Today I received a message from one such user wanting his address removed from the message. I informed them that it could not be removed.

I'm really very sorry for the many extra work you have at the moment.

With that as background I would like to suggest that some type of addition be made to let users know that any message is sent to a mailing list and not to anyone person.

I've deactivated the section for the moment. It doesn't make sense as it's always the same message but we cannot change the situation.

One more thing, who do I need to ask about being removed from the moderator position?

Honesty, I've no idea how this is organized on the mailing lists.

Please, may I ask you to wait a bit more and to rethink your request? I'm really confident that these kind of messages will go away when the new realease calms down and some specific builds are published.

Best regards

Marcus