OP not subscribed to list.

Christina Rodriguez wrote:
Hi Dev,

I wanted to contact you to say that I am a having problems installing
OpenOffice 3.3.0 (USA). I had the preceding one and so far, it was
working fine. That is, until I searched for an update. After I
downloaded "the update", I could no longer open OpenOffice - either
version. I then made several attempts to fix the problem but I am not
very computer saavy. So, if you could help, that would be great.

The problem seems to be an NSIS error. I don't know what that is but I
tried to follow OpenOffice's advice (from the forum) and downloaded some
tool that could verify/calculate the MD5 something or other; but then, I
didn't know what to do with the number sequence that popped up.

Please help or at the very least, reply to me saying you can't help.

I originally sought out OpenOffice because I didn't have (nor could I
afford) a Microsoft package. But now, I like the idea of giving
OpenOffice a go. I was still in the early stages of getting to know the
product but so far, I was happy. And I loved that other
entities/organisations are having to take your .odt files seriously. I
don't know how you do it but I like it. Thanks.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards,
Christina