Hi,

when you go to the Find tab page of the OOo help viewer and search for "captions", you get a list of pages where that word can be found. Additionally you also get pages where that word is not visible, but it exists only as an index word as in "captions; see 'call outs'"

There are some more examples. For example, a user may try to find information about those "frames" around paragraphs, but the user does not know that we use the term "borders" for the lines around a paragraph. So we inserted the "frames" index word also on the help page about "borders around paragraphs", although the word "frame" does not occur on that page.

What do you think how can we make the "invisible" search words visible?
Should we make them visible?
They are inappropriate words to describe the contents of the current help page, they are only there to lead the user who does not know the "right" term to the correct help page.

Uwe
--
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  -  Technical Writer
  StarOffice - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - Hamburg, Germany