A suggestion from the peanut gallery:
If you are starting to create tutorials I would suggest you test them by
getting together with some people who know nothing or little about
OpenOffice and ask them to complete the task in the tutorial.  If they
can do it without any live help from you, then I your tutorial is ready
for those who need it the most.