Mariano,
Sorry to take so long to get back to you. I've now reviewed the draft tutorial you sent me. It's very well written and the explanations of the background concepts in database design are very clear, with good examples.

On the first page you suggest people check other tutorials on the basic concepts of database design. If you can point people to some specific ones, that would be good.

I've been thinking about the level of detail in your "quick overview". Nineteen pages seems a bit too much to me, especially as it will be longer when the tables on data types are added -- but it's good, important information. I've concluded that if we pick a title for the tutorial, and slightly change the wording on the first page, to make it clear that the focus is on relational database design, implemented using Base, then the level of detail is good. If I think I'm getting a tutorial on using Base, I'm going to be put off by all the background info, no matter how important or necessary it may be; but if I know I'm getting a tutorial on database design, showing how to implement it using Base, I'll be happy.

But that's a detail, and others may react quite differently. Overall, I really like what you are doing and I'm very much looking forward to reading Part II. Thank you!

--Jean