Clayton schrieb:
Dotan Cohen wrote:
I installed OOo on four new user's computers in the past week during
the course of a project we are working on. Of those four, two
downloaded the User's Guides for Open Office 1.x from this page:
http://documentation.openoffice.org/manuals/index.html

I propose that the 1.x documentation be moved to a separate page.
Furthermore, when OOo 3 arrives, I propose that the 2.x documentation
be kept separate from the 3.x documentation. Many end users do not
know or care what versions of software they have installed.

Hi Dotan.

Suggestions like this can be posted to the
dev@documentation.openoffice.org mailing list (to make sure they are not
lost in the flood of emails in the users list, and the right eyes see
the suggestion).

The main page for the Documentation Project
http://documentation.openoffice.org/ directs users only to the current
versions of the documentation for the current releases of
OpenOffice.org... either on the Wiki, or to the PDFs that can be
downloaded.

My suggestion would be to remove the page Dotan linked, and put the
older manuals into a user manual archive? (also accessible/linked from
the main doc page, but clearly marked as manuals for older versions of OOo)

C.
Good idea. I think many people come to this page over http://support.openoffice.org/index.html. There is a link to the OOO User's Guide that should also be deleted or at least marked as 1.x version.

Martina