Can anyone assist me in writing a specific section of the OOo3 Impress Guide?
I don't use sound or video in presentations, so I don't know from experience what the issues may be (nor how to solve them).

For example, I'm totally unclear on the difference between Insert > Movie and
Sound versus Insert > Object > Sound (or Insert > Object > Video). I can get
the first to work (on WinXP), but not the second (an "object" icon appears on
the slide, but doesn't do anything).

If there is info in the Help, I've been unable to find it, and some of what I
have found doesn't seem to correspond with what I see in WinXP.

I've been searching the OOo forum and the Web, but it's slow going and I suspect I don't know the right search terms. Pointers to specific topics, threads, or pages, or some help from an experienced user, would greatly speed this up. Not just regarding those menu items, but generally what should be covered in the Impress user guide regarding sound and video in presentations.

--Jean