I couldn't find any links in the Help Contents under "Instructions for Using OOo Impress" to topics about using sound and video.

From the Index tab in the Help, "sound" or "video" took me to the "Movie and Sound" topic, which I discussed in a previous note.

Using the Find tab, searching for "sound" I get a list of topics.

The first topic on the results list is "Insert". Scrolling down in the Insert topic, the description for "Object" is good: it says "For movies and sounds, use Insert - Movie and Sound instead."

Similarly for the topic "Object", though someone looking quickly through that topic might miss the setence at the very top of the topic, and see only the entries for Sound and Video instead.

Unfortunately, the list of topics also includes "Insert sound", which is the one that I, and no doubt other people, would choose first. Unfortunately, that leads me directly to this topic:

Insert sound
Inserts a sound file into the current document.

To access this command...
Choose Insert - Object - Sound

Which is what Uwe says to not use. That should probably be changed to read "Use Insert - Movie and Sound instead."

Similar results from a search for "video".

--Jean