Jean Hollis Weber wrote:
> Earlier, I wrote:
>
>> The problem TJ reported has occurred before with some pages translated
>> into French. In Clayton's absence, I've been looking for the way to
>> cancel the redirect (while leaving the French page intact), but so far
>> I haven't found it. I don't know if I have the authority to fix the
>> problem, even if I knew how.
>
> I have now found that I am a sysop for the wiki, so if I can work out
> how to fix the problem, I do have the authority. Woo! I know just enough
> to be dangerous, so I'll be careful. ;-)

One of the nice things about MediaWiki is that nothing is permanent.  If
you make a change as a Sysop - ban a user, delete a page, move a page
etc. - it's all reversible.  There is a log for all deletes, moves etc
and you can easily roll-back any change.  So... it's not so dangerous to
try things :-)  The only complex thing sometimes is undoing the knot you
make if you make too many changes at once without checking the results.

C.
--
Clayton Cornell       ccorn...@openoffice.org
OpenOffice.org Documentation Project co-lead