Makoto Takizawa wrote:
> Hi Clayton, all
>
> I'm generating PDFs from Japanese pages,
> such as
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/JA/Documentation/Administration_Guide/Customizing_the_UI
>
> - generate by 'Download as PDF' link in the left nav.
> - and get PDF file[c].
>
> However,the pdf file is using UniGB-UCS2-H(STSong-Light) for Japanese
> character.
> but it is Chinese fonts set so i can not see.
>
> i talked with volker who work on pediapress and we tested on [a]
> it is fine.
>
> and he wrote down the solution on readme[b].
> could you try this?
>
> [a] http://simple.pediapress.com/w/index.php/Problems/Test3.
> [b] http://code.pediapress.com/hg/mwlib.rl/rev/3fbd087dd6a3
> [c] i attached pdf file which i generated.

Hmmm this is not going to be easy to resolve due to several reasons..
the primary one is that we are hosting the Wiki on a Solaris 10 server,
and there are no "easy" font install repos I can pull fonts from.
Seconadary to that is the fact that we are running an old build of the
Pediapress extension (because we are running on an older MediaWiki
engine).  We need to update the extension as well as fix the fonts.  We
cannot do that until the MedaiWiki engine is updated.

I am working on some ideas and solutions with the IT guys to try and
simplify things.  It is unfortunately a slow process.  This font problem
will help me push things to happen a little faster I hope :-)

C.
--
Clayton Cornell       ccorn...@openoffice.org
OpenOffice.org Documentation Project co-lead