Jean Hollis Weber wrote:

This issue originated in May 2006 with a translation from a French document, but an English version was never finished. Meanwhile, Dan Lewis wrote a chapter ("Getting Started with Base") for the Getting Stated guide. Dan's chapter covers much of the same how-to info as the doc in this issue, but this doc begins with some additional basic ideas (background info) about relational database systems and approaches the whole topic from a slightly different perspective.

Jean,

I have not had time to get into the Base chapter Dan wrote, but the two files you sent my by Mariano Casanova and Drew Jenson were a big help in understanding how relational databases work. To bad I could not find the third part as that was to cover the sql language. I am still working on the project I told you about and will be getting into Dan's chapter soon.

As for the how the project gets done is not important just that it gets done. I will do what I can to get it done.

--
Andy Brown