This info is now on the wiki, here (for 2.4)
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/OOoAuthors_User_Manual/Getting_Started/Exporting_files

and here (for 3.x)
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/OOo3_User_Guides/Getting_Started/Exporting_to_PDF

However, it's not obvious to users that the info (esp. for 2.4) is there (a search of the wiki turns up the pages but the 2.4 one is not easy to identify), so we (I) need to make the info easier to find. Possibilities include creating a FAQ or mini how-to that points people to the relevant wiki pages.

The doc attached to this issue goes into more detail than necessary, IMO. But if others think otherwise, we could consider adding detail to the existing wiki page for OOo3.0, or (if people prefer) someone could update this tutorial for 3.0 and put it under tutorials.

--Jean