Hi, Clayton,

Nino and I have completed the prototypes for translating the TOC phrases into other languages. The modified MasterTOC is at [1], the auxiliary template for English is at [2], and for German at [3].

As project lead, would you care to weigh in on methods, names, and places?

*Intended Usage*
1) Translator writes a template which translates the phrases. Name and location TBD, but the name must include the ISO language code. 2) Translator adds parameter line, "|Lang=XX", to the template calls, where "XX" is the (case-sensitive) ISO language code, which must match the code used in Item 1). TOC template phrases will then be displayed in that language. Calls without this param will default to "Lang=en", no change from current behavior, no action required.

*Prototype*
The main idea is to prevent a multitude of localized copies of the MasterTOC template. The aux template names are, for now, "TOC_XX". This is readily changeable. I propose to put the aux templates in Template:Documentation, like the MasterTOC, and categorize them separately, as Category:Documentation/TOC; this category will be in the Documentation category.

To-do: Decide on names and places for aux templates.

*Conversion*
1) Create English/default template with proper name, in proper place.
2) Ditto German.
3) Modify MasterTOC to use them.