Hi Clayton,

ccornell - OpenOffice.org wrote (25-01-10 15:20)
On 01/25/10 14:56, Cor Nouws wrote:
A Dutch speaking user asks if it is possible to jump to your OpenOffice.org language directly, when you click in the link for Documentation in the menu Help|Support.
http://documentation.openoffice.org/

Sounds nice in an ideal world. But apart from technical issues, there are the challenges to maintain content etc.

So maybe an easy intermediate solution:
The blue header bar "The OpenOffice.org Documentation Project " has some space at the right. Could that be used for a neat button "find your own language", that brings the focus to the table, lower on the page: "Documentation in Other Languages", which is not directly visible at the bottom of a normal screen. ??

This is probably a good discussion point for the Kenai migration - Right now, I do not think it is worth putting any effort into changing the functionality of the existing pages since the whole OO.o infrastructure is due to be relocated.

Agree with that.

The Documentation Project page does provide a relatively quick/easy way to switch to the available documentation in other languages... through the "Documentation in Other Languages" part of the main Documentation Project webpage (lower right box).

Correct. And my suggestion (above) is to make people aware of that table immediately.

Maybe it would be better to use the  "correct" language name in the language
box? eg use Nederlands instead of Dutch?

I don't expect that that will make a big difference.

Ciao - Cor

--
 >> Your office 2010 software: the new OpenOffice.org <<

Cor Nouws
  - nl.OpenOffice.org marketing contact
  - Community Council member