"those companies generously donate their employees' time to OO.o. All others are purely
unpaid volunteers."

I definitely agree with the generous donation part.

I want to say something about how special "purely unpaid volunteers" are. Just to reinforce this very positive statement.

Many people have discovered during this recession that money has absolutely no affect on their skills or who they are.

Money says nothing about how intelligent you are, how capable you are, and how good you are. Money just says you have a job and you are getting paid to contribute to society.

Having a job and making money doesn't make you a better person.

Truth be known, our society is running at very low capacity. We have in some ways a very inefficient economy.

The biggest resource on this planet is people. Everyone is intelligent and capable. For a company to restrict its ability to accomplish projects only to people it can afford to hire is to severely restrict that company's ability to accomplish its projects. There are huge numbers of people who want to be involved to help solve problems and complete projects. To limit a company's ability by only depending on people it can pay is to restrict it's ability to move ahead very rapidly.

The other restriction we are overcoming is the ability to organize people from a variety of backgrounds to work efficiently together on a project. This project is an example of how resources are beginning to develop to organize a variety of people and their talents and direct them towards a common goal. This project is the future. This project begins to tap a huge resource of very capable and talented people.

Now we must find some way to free people from being concerned about survival. We must remove the fear of not having a place to live or food to eat. Make it so people are no longer concerned about their survival and instead, can concentrate on giving the best of what they have to society.

Science has proven the health costs to society of people from poverty is far higher than that of either obesity or smoking. Over 80 percent of the people in jail come from poverty. It is far more expensive to society to sustain poverty than it is to eliminate it. The costs of the social problems arising from poverty are immense.

Let's build a world which runs efficiently for a change. There are huge numbers of untapped resources available.

Let's build a world where everyone is involved. Let's build a world where everyone is able to contribute their talent and abilities to the best of their ability without being afraid of not having food to eat or a place to live. Let's look after each other.

Let's build the kind of world we all want to live in.

Alan