On Sun, Aug 29, 2010 at 1:16 PM, Drew Jensen <drewjensen.in...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  On 08/28/2010 10:47 PM, Jean Weber wrote:

>>> accounts and registrations with some ooo mailing lists. Specifically with
>>> the authors list.
>>>
>>> Just checked and it seems that for a while now I've been sending email to
>>> that list under the wrong account - again.
>>>
>>> Particularly emails in response to those from Dan regarding the Base
>>> document...I really do feel like an idiot.
>>>
>>> I'm assuming you read both lists..so my apology here.
>>>
>>> Anyway - I'll fix this and resend the current ones again, to the authors
>>> list.
>>>
>> And do be sure it's the current authors list, not the old one.
>> auth...@documentation.openoffice.org
>>
>> During my travels this month, Clayton has been monitoring the Authors
>> list. I guess he didn't catch your notes and pass them on, or perhaps
>> you've been sending to the old list @user-faq?
>>
>> --Jean
>
> Can I ask another question - shouldn't the list server be bouncing my emails
> back to me?
>
> The user list does, but no other list I'm subscribed to at openoffice does,
> so I just assume they go through and it seems here that was a problem - no
> doubt of my making somehow.
>
> Drew

The Authors and Dev lists don't return messages to sender if they
don't go through, although the list moderator can chooses to return
them. I don't think it would be a good idea to return them
automatically, because it would interfere with the moderators' ability
to reply to expressions of interest from potential contributors, who
may not want to subscribe before finding out what they are getting
into.

--Jean