On Mon, 2010-11-22 at 21:35 -0600, Andrew Rowell wrote:
> Just sending an email to say hi. I've done a little bit of work on
> documentation for Ubuntu, and I thought I'd take a shot at doing some stuff
> over here as well. I've looked over some of the howto pages and stuff, but
> I'd appreciate it if anyone would be willing to show me through the process.
> Thanks.

Welcome to the OpenOffice.org Documentation Project! We are always
looking for new contributors, and we have quite a variety of writing
tasks that need work.

The process varies a bit depending on whether you want to work on the
user guides (maintained in ODT format and exported to PDF and wiki
format) or other materials (including how-to's, tutorials, FAQs, and
documents for system admins, programmers and developers), many of which
are Wiki-based.

This (unfinished) doc is a good place to start for an overview of the
work on user guides.
Producing OpenOffice.org User Guides,
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Dashboard/Producing_User_Guides

You've already discovered this list, which is for discussions related to
project infrastructure and policy. We also have another list,
auth...@documentation.openoffice.org, where writers, editors, reviewers,
and others discuss documents they are working on. We also keep some of
our team information (like who is working on what) on the Wiki.
Therefore we recommend that you set up an account on the Wiki as well,
if you haven't already.

--Jean
Jean Hollis Weber
Co-Lead, OpenOffice.org Documentation Project