Hi Aaron,

On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 9:54 PM, Aaron Steen <ams5...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My name is Aaron Steen. I've recently began using OpenOffice, and am very
> impressed with it. I'm e-mailing because I'm an aspiring technical writer,
> and I understand that one of the best ways to bolster my candidacy is to get
> some hard experience. I'd thus like to contribute in any way I can to the
> documentation aspect of OpenOffice. That is, writing directions, or FAQs,
> etc. Is there anything that you think I could be matched up with?
>
> Thank you for your time.
>
> --
> Aaron Steen
> Staff Writer, Goblin
> Editor, Arcade Fire News

It's worth bearing in mind that for a documentation project for a
software such as OpenOffice or LibreOffice, the technical writing is
going to be accompanied by a lot of investigative testing of the
programs and content development work. You can't just write, sometimes
you have to actually develop content to be able to write around it.

At the LibreOffice project, we need people to work on a guide for the
Base database interface. If you're interested in working on this,
please sign-up to the LibreOffice Documentation team mailing list and
make contact there:

http://www.libreoffice.org/get-involved/documenters/

All the best, :-)

--