On 10/24/2011 21:59, Steven Beech wrote:
I'd like to help by writing FAQs when I get the chance to.

Steven W. Beech swbe...@msn.com

Hi, Steven,

Thank you for your interest in helping with user documentation for OpenOffice.org.

Please see this page for more information, particularly the section
about mailing lists.
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Dashboard/Introducing_OOoAuthors

If you have trouble accessing that page, there is a read-only test
copy on the Apache server (OOo is becoming ApacheOOo).
http://ooo-wiki.apache.org/wiki/Documentation/Dashboard/Introducing_OOoAuthors

You may also wish to consider the LibreOffice Documentation team. A
number of people involved in the Apache OpenOffice.org project also
work in parallel on the LibreOffice project. More info here:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Development

If you decide you'd like to join one or both of these projects – welcome aboard!

--
/tj/
Moderator, dev-doc