Hello DolphinScheduler Community,

This mail thread is the notice of apache/dolphinscheduler behavior
change, currently, PR can be merged only if its base commit is
up-to-date.

The init reason we change the behavior is that we find CI broken many
times during this year by merging some not up-to-date PR, and when it
happens we need to spend one or two days to fix the CI problem.  for
more detail, you can see[1].

So I submitted a PR[2] to revert the `up-to-date` setting in .asf.yaml
file. I have asked some committer to review the PR[2] but it seems
some of them do not notice it, or do not agree with this change
because it will take maintainers more time to click `update branch`
button in pr. But I personally think we can avoid it by some per step,
as Radeity said in [3]. A month ago I have already add a new label
named `read-to-merge` in our repo. we can reused it to avoid
pre-emptive PR merging.

* When we try to merge a PR, we should go to search whether they
already have one PR labeled with `read-to-merge`, if we find one and
that pr could be merged, we should merge it first then add
`read-to-merge` to currently PR to tell other committers this pr could
be merged first
* Sometimes there may be more than one open PR label with
`read-to-merge` we should check if any of them is ready to merge, if
we find one can be merged we should merge it first to avoid traffic
jams

[1]: https://github.com/apache/dolphinscheduler/issues/14412
[2]: https://github.com/apache/dolphinscheduler/pull/14530
[3]: