2014-09-25 13:07, Cao, Waterman:
>  I will work with team to see if we can improve test report.
>  Because intel validation team will continue to upgrade test cases to verify
> feature,
>  I think that it's still worth to verify patch or features even it has
> already integrated branch.

Of course, it's important to continue validation after integration.
But please do not send test report on the list for patches which are
already integrated, except for 2 cases:
1) there is an error
2) this is a new feature and you want to explain how to test it
(btw, how do you test "zero copy" and "one copy" for virtio?)

About report content, please add these informations:
- commit id or tag used as a base to apply the patch
- tools used for the test (testpmd, sample, qemu, etc)
- command parameters if relevant
- test topology if relevant

If someone think about an useful information I missed, please share it.

We could write some guidelines for test and bug reports and publish it
on the website. Drafts are welcome.

Thanks
--
Thomas