  eil...@mellanox.com
  yoh...@mellanox.com
  rasl...@mellanox.com
  bruce.richard...@intel.com
  cathal.oh...@intel.com
  anand.ra...@intel.com
  pallavi.ka...@intel.com
  ranjit.me...@intel.com

(Contact Cathal to be added to this meeting)

Minutes
-------
* Agreed on Clang as the compiler for Windows support
* V1 deadline was met for Hello world, compiler selection & EAL patches
* V6 currently available. V7 on its way later today
* Agreed objectives for window patches
   - Don’t break Linux/FreeBSD builds
   - Compiles for windows
   - Use agreed patch structure
   - Some CI required for upstreaming patches (just compile for now)
   - We will need to identify a test suite
   - We will need to later add unit tests
* Explained why we need .def files - will look to generate them
* Strategy for 19.05 upstream
   - All code should be in branch in draft repo
   - Update frequently (allows others to also contribute)
   - Need to rename branch to LATEST (19.05 or similar)
   - Master repo needs regular merges (confirms nothing broken)
   - Merge full patch sets
   - Check licenses then merge
* Discussion on whether we can involve libbsd folks
   - Could help with implementation on Windows
   - Need separate repo for window dependencies (gitlab?)
   - Meson might be able to handle this with some scripting
* Include headers need comment at the top describing file
   - will update in V7 patch
* Documentation has been tested by Mellanox
   - One issue found with Linux that is getting resolved in V7
* Whoever wants to be the maintainer needs to be able to perform all
  the work (regular communications, merges, reviews etc.)
* Look to re-work meson changes that modify existing build instructions
   - We want to avoid breaking the Linux list of C files
   - Please add new lines where applicable
   - Don’t change current lines
   - Helps maintain history and understanding
* Will need to look at EAL tidy up in 19.08
   - Move OS-specific implementations out of common
   - Lower priority compared to getting traffic running
   - Getting common files compiling
* Need to work on roadmap of features
   - Identify owners for features
   - PCI – currently support 40G Intel NIC (code in draft repo)
   - UIO driver (netuio) module has been written
   - Mellanox not using this, they are using devx
* Agreed to set up bi-weekly call for Windows support/status check
   - Notes from this first call to go out on public mailing list
   - Start to share our objectives for 2019 (in more detail)
   - Invite others to the Bi-weekly call