Hello,

We are chasing an interesting NIC transmit issue where after some period of
time with normal operation the NIC enters a state where it refuses to transmit
frames from our DPDK application via rte_eth_tx_burst(). All indications are
the port is up and otherwise operational and is still receiving traffic. It
simply refuses to transmit anymore.

Our application is running DPDK 17.05.1. In digging through the email archives,
this appears to be related to the following posts, as we see the same nb_free =
0 and IXGBE_ADVTXD_STAT_DD not set problems they describe:
http://mails.dpdk.org/archives/dev/2017-August/073240.html
http://inbox.dpdk.org/dev/b704af91-dcc6-4481-a54c-3e174b744d17.h....@alibaba-inc.com/

Having not seen any resolution on the above DPDK posts and after a number of
other investigative steps, we incorporated the rte_ethtool lib to provide the
ability to dump the NIC register set via rte_ethtool_get_regs() in the hopes
that perhaps there would be something there in a status register to point us in
the right direction. The question now is what is the best way to check the
register contents dumped to the binary output file this API creates, for the
x552 NIC? Does anyone know if a decoder script exists?

Other ideas to pursue?

Regards,
Mike