On 19-Feb-20 3:02 PM, Kamaraj P wrote:
Thanks for the suggestions. We didnt have --mlockall parameter option in the rte_eal_init(). we have just tried the option and our application says an *unrecognized option*.
Lets us check further on this and let you know.

Thanks,
Kamaraj

No, that's not an EAL option, that's a testpmd option. However, that's not really what i was asking.

If you have a custom application, and that application called mlockall() (with appropriate flags) before EAL init, that would make all pages pinned, present and future. That means, if you mmap() anonymous memory (like EAL init does), it will take a long time because all of that memory will be pinned (and since it's 4K pages because at that point, we're not using hugepages yet, that will indeed take a long time).

--
Thanks,
Anatoly