On 30-Apr-20 6:38 PM, David Christensen wrote:
Why is this needed?

It's hardware specific to the PPC64 platform.  I don't know of a situation where the IOMMU would be present on other hardware.  Even running a VM in KVM/QEMU on a PPC64 platform results in a SPAPR V1 IOMMU which isn't supported in DPDK.

Dave

Yes, but generally #ifdef's are there for detecting compile-time conditions. Is there anything specific to that code that would cause trouble when compiled on other platforms?

No, I can't say that's the case, it's been operating this way for a while.

Dave

So no #ifdef's necessary then :)

--
Thanks,