Hi David/Ray

> > the reason for no complains?
> > >
> > > yes ... I discovered that since.
> > > are we 100% certain that no end user application would  ever have
> > > used
> > these symbol?
> > >
> > > [suppress_variable]
> > >          name = rte_crypto_aead_algorithm_strings
> > > +; Ignore moving DPAAx stable functions to INTERNAL tag
> > > +[suppress_file]
> > > +       file_name_regexp = ^librte_common_dpaax\.
> > > +[suppress_file]
> > > +       file_name_regexp = ^librte_mempool_dpaa\.
> > > +[suppress_file]
> > > +       file_name_regexp = ^librte_bus_fslmc\.
> > > +[suppress_file]
> > > +       file_name_regexp = ^librte_bus_dpaa\.
> > > +[suppress_file]
> > > +       file_name_regexp = ^librte_pmd_dpaa\.
> >
> > Ignoring the whole dpaa net driver is wrong as the symbol
> > rte_pmd_dpaa_set_tx_loopback is marked stable.
> > This is used by applications, like testpmd:
> > app/test-pmd/cmdline.c:         ret =
> > rte_pmd_dpaa_set_tx_loopback(res->port_id, is_on);
> >
> > You need a more refined filter for this.
> > Public APIs are prefixed with rte_ so maybe whitelisting ^dpaa_
> > variables/functions?

[Hemant] this is working fine for pmd_dpaa but not for pmd_dpaa2

I removed the filename_exp and introduced function based name=
Now the issue is  the following warning
SONAME changed from 'librte_pmd_dpaa2.so.20.0' to 'librte_pmd_dpaa2.so.0.200.2'

The  primary reason is that now pmd_dpaa2 has no symbol left for 20.0 section.
Following is not helping.
[suppress_file]
        soname_regexp = ^librte_pmd_dpaa2
so, it seems for now, the filename_exp is the only option