On Wed, Oct 28, 2020 at 7:05 PM Liang, Ma <liang.j...@intel.com> wrote:

> Hi Thomas,
>   I think I addressed all of the questions in relation to V9. I don't think I
> can solve the issue of a generic API on my own. From the Community Call last
> week Jerin also said that a generic was investigated but that a single
> solution wasn't feasible.

I think, From the architecture point of view, the specific
functionally of UMONITOR may not be abstracted.
But from the ethdev callback point of view, Can it be abstracted in
such a way that packet notification available through
checking interrupt status register or ring descriptor location, etc by
the driver. Use that callback as a notification mechanism rather
than defining a memory-based scheme that UMONITOR expects? or similar
thoughts on abstraction.