Really a lot depends on context, Thomas is right it is hard to predict how
these _MAX values are used.

We have seen cases in the past where _MAX enumeration values have been used to
size arrays the like - I don't immediately see that issue here. My
understanding is that the only consumer of this enumeration is
rte_eth_dev_udp_tunnel_port_add and rte_eth_dev_udp_tunnel_port_delete, right?
On face value, impact looks negligible.

I will take a look at why libabigail doesn't complain.