Hi David

On 3/4/2021 4:56 AM, David Marchand wrote:
On Wed, Mar 3, 2021 at 10:27 PM Pallavi Kadam <pallavi.ka...@intel.com> wrote:
Add Intel ice PMD support on Windows.
Remove #include sys/ioctl header file as it is not needed.
Replace x86intrin.h with rte_vect.h to avoid __m_prefetchw conflicting
types.
Replace POSIX usleep() API with rte API.
Add a new macro for the access() API as the original function
has been deprecated on Windows.
Add extra cflags '-fno-asynchronous-unwind-tables'
to avoid MinGW build error:
         Error: invalid register for .seh_savexmm
Fyi, caught at the UNH lab:

http://mails.dpdk.org/archives/test-report/2021-March/180813.html

[205/277] Compiling C object drivers/net/ice/base/a42f040@@ice_base at
sta/ice_acl_ctrl.c.obj.
[206/277] Compiling C object drivers/net/ice/base/a42f040@@ice_base at
sta/ice_flow.c.obj.
FAILED: drivers/net/ice/base/a42f040@@ice_base at sta/ice_flow.c.obj
gcc @drivers/net/ice/base/a42f040@@ice_base at sta/ice_flow.c.obj.rsp
{standard input}: Assembler messages:
{standard input}:1677: Error: invalid register for .seh_savexmm
{standard input}:3985: Error: invalid register for .seh_savexmm
[207/277] Linking static target drivers/libtmp_rte_net_i40e.a.
[208/277] Compiling C object drivers/net/ice/base/a42f040@@ice_base at
sta/ice_sched.c.obj.
[209/277] Compiling C object drivers/net/ice/base/a42f040@@ice_base at
sta/ice_dcb.c.obj.
[210/277] Compiling C object drivers/net/ice/base/a42f040@@ice_base at
sta/ice_flex_pipe.c.obj.
[211/277] Compiling C object drivers/a715181@@tmp_rte_net_ice at
sta/net_ice_ice_ethdev.c.obj.

I suppose this is because "-fno-asynchronous-unwind-tables" is not
passed to the base driver cflags.
Bonus question: should we make this workaround global for mingw compilation?

Thanks for the log. We will send a fix by passing the cflag to the base driver in v2.

However, I am not able to reproduce this error on my system.

I tried using the same version as UNH lab has: gcc 8.1.0 "gcc (x86_64-posix-seh-rev0, Built by MinGW-W64 project) 8.1.0"