2015-11-02 02:11, Zhang, Helin:
> From: Thomas Monjalon [mailto:thomas.monjalon at 6wind.com]
> > 2015-10-30 11:11, Helin Zhang:
> > > v7 changes:
> > > Modified RTE_ETH_INSET_SIZE_MAX from 128 to 1, to avoid ABI changes.
> >
> > Why it would avoid ABI changes?
> > Have you passed the ABI checker?
>
> Hi Thomas
>
> The only structure modified is ' struct rte_eth_hash_filter_info ', where a
> new
> element (struct rte_eth_input_set_conf input_set_conf) was added. But I kept
> its
> structure the same size as another one (struct rte_eth_hash_global_conf
> global_conf)
> already in that union, they are both in 12 bytes. That means nothing changed
> for
> ' struct rte_eth_hash_filter_info'.

First, it should be justified in the commit message.
Second, I think it's wrong:
The union has struct rte_eth_hash_global_conf = enum + uint32_t + uint32_t
You are adding struct rte_eth_input_set_conf = uint16_t + uint16_t + enum + enum
I'm not sure we can assume the sizes are the same.

The ethdev ABI is already broken in this release. So maybe we can agree that
it's not a big deal but it should be notified in the release notes and,
in this case, you could keep your original patch with 128 enums.