It looks like the warning stems from the check_names() function in
checkpatches.sh [1].

[1]: http://git.dpdk.org/dpdk/tree/devtools/checkpatches.sh

BASH is not my strong side, so I would rather let someone else change it.

> > Some people have more than one active email address, so this
> checkpatch behavior is wrong.

I might be wrong here - perhaps we do want to accept only one primary email
address in the patch references to contributors, like today, instead of all
active email addresses of contributors, as I propose.

Accepting only one adds more "paperwork" (updating the mailmap) when
contributors get a new primary email address. And causes false warnings, like
here, until the mailmap has been updated.

I am not maintaining the mailmap file, so have no strong preference; but false
warnings are annoying, and accepting the alternative email addresses would
prevent them. Hmmm... my proposal is not a perfect solution: If a contributor
gets a brand new email address, it still needs to be added to the mailmap file.

Also, reading up on mailmap, it is also used by "git shortlog -se" to emit the
primary email addresses. But in the worst case, if the mailmap is not updated,
it will emit an old email address.