On Fri, Oct 13, 2023 at 1:52 PM Gangurde, Abhijit
<abhijit.gangu...@amd.com> wrote:

> > > This can be called from an application as well if this flag is not set
> > > hence, we
> > need to export this function.
> >
> > What kind of applications / in which usecase, one would need to map
> > the device resources?
> > Except a driver?
>
> I understand that it is probably not the ideal use case, but some of the
> customers
> are using a single application which also registers itself as driver.
> Probably such
> applications need to use internal APIs instead of making these APIs external.
> Will analyze it further and send another rev of this patch.

External drivers should be supported with current code.
DPDK must be built with enable_driver_sdk option, and the external
driver code can include bus_cdx_driver.h.
Possibly compiling this code with -DENABLE_INTERNAL_API cflag will be necessary.

--
David Marchand