11/12/2023 12:32, Jerin Jacob Kollanukkaran:
> From: Yuanhan Liu <y...@fridaylinux.org>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'd like to share a new DPDK open source project, libtpa(Transport Protocol
> > Acceleration)[0], which is just another userspace TCP stack implementation
> > so
> > far, written from scratch.
> >
> > I started this project 3 years ago, while I was searching for a feasible
> > open
> > source project with no luck. There were indeed quite a few options, but
> > none of
> > them actually met my needs. I then started writing one. Likely, there are
> > still
> > other guys out there looking for a high performance and stable userspace TCP
> > stack. This is what this email and libtpa for.
>
> Great Yuanhan.
>
> If you have time and willing to put effort, I suggest make this part of dpdk
> code base
> as new library (tcp or so) and leverage + improve another existing library
> such ip_frag.
>
> I believe, that is only way.
> - This code soon won't soon outdated based on new DPDK version
> - More community review and contributors
> - More review and features from NIC vendors PoV.
> - More arch and driver support.
> - More quality

As Yuanhan said, there are many TCP stacks running on top of DPDK.
We should add this one to the list:
        https://www.dpdk.org/ecosystem/#projects
Also a discussion has started recently about integrating one in DPDK.
As Jerin suggests, libtpa looks like a very good candidate to focus efforts on
it.

Regarding performance, how does it compare with F-Stack? TLDK? Seastar?